Vinařství Lahofer
Dyje Wine Village

Dyje Wine Village

Rezervace ochutnávky vín

Zavřít
Select reservation

DYJE IS A SMALL SOUTH MORAVIAN VILLAGE ABOUT FIVE KILOMETRES EAST OF ZNOJMO.  THE FIRST WRITTEN RECORD OF THE VILLAGE DATES BACK TO 1283. AT THAT TIME, THE VILLAGE WAS AN ESTATE OF THE LOUKA MONASTERY AFTER IT HAD BEEN BOUGHT FROM THE EARL OF DOBRONICE BY MR. MILFRON, WHOM THE VILLAGE WAS ONCE NAMED AFTER. 

The geographical name of the village is of German origin: Muhlwren (i.e. Dyje). There used to be a chateau, a seat of the provosts of Louka.  In 1280 St. Lawrence’s Church was built on the village territory. It was  later completely destroyed by the Hussites. Then in 1768 a foundation stone was laid in the middle of village for a new church, which was completed in 1775 and dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk. "The paintings were in the care of Franz Anton Maulbertsch, one of the leading figures of European Baroque painting.” The village itself is situated in the Thaya River Valley, which divides the residential part from the recreational part with gardens. 

BABIČÁK VINEYARD ESTATE



The Babičák Vineyard is situated south-east of Znojmo between the Dyje and Tasovice villages. Vines are grown on the terraces on the left bank of the Thaya River.  The soil layer is not very thick and is therefore rather stony. However, the rock subsoil is a good source of minerals for the unique and unmistakable aroma and taste of the local wines and at the same time an excellent accumulator of the sun’s heat which is radiated again at night.  The rock of the Dyje Massif lends the local varieties the typical features of the wines from the Znojmo region.
 
The highest spot height: 244 m above sea level 

The lowest spot height: 215 m above sea level 

VARIETY COMPOSITION

Blaufränkisch 2,5 ha Saint Laurent 2,9 ha    
Müller Thurgau 0,5 ha Silvaner 0,6 ha    
Pálava 1,5 ha Grüner Veltliner 5,0 ha    
Pinot Blanc 0,4 ha Zweigeltrebe 4,2 ha    
Rhine Riesling 2,6 ha        
 
TOTAL AREA 142,9 ha