Vinařství Lahofer
Dyjákovice Wine Village

Dyjákovice Wine Village

Rezervace ochutnávky vín

Zavřít
Select reservation

THE EARLIEST MENTION OF DYJÁKOVICE DATES FROM 1278, WHEN AFTER THE BATTLE OF THE MORAVIAN FIELD, RUDOLF OF HABSBURG ATTACKED MORAVIA WITH A CAMP NEAR DYJÁKOVICE.  THE EARLIEST MENTIONS SHOW THAT IT IS ORIGINALLY A CZECH VILLAGE.

Dyjákovice became a township in 1882 with the right of two annual markets: On 20th January – on the day of St. Fabian and St. Sebastian, and on 29th September – on St. Michael’s Day. Dyjákovice had an interesting vassal liability - on St. Martin’s Day every year the local inhabitants were liable to transport a white goose on a hay rack cart drawn by four white horses to the chateau of Moravský Krumlov. On the other hand, the nearby town of Láva on the Austrian boundary had to supply Dyjákovice with a pound of pepper as the fee for use of the meadows called “Pffeferwiesen” before dusk on Christmas Eve every year. Once, when this duty was not fulfilled, because the messenger lost his way and ended up in Tasovice instead of Dyjákovice, the lords of Krumlov filed a petition against the town of Láva with the regional court of justice. 

VINOHRADY VINEYARD ESTATE



The Vinohrady Vineyard is situated in the southern part of the Znojmo wine region in the cadastral area of Dyjákovice on the left side of the main road when travelling from Hevlín to Znojmo. The whole estate area is nearly a hundred hectares but vine grows on only about  half of it.  The clay-sand soil is favourable for varieties like Müller Thurgau, Pinot Blanc, Pálava, Savignan or Saint Laurent.

The highest spot height: 208 m above sea level
The lowest spot height: 183 m above sea level

VARIETY COMPOSITION

Welchsriesling 10,8 ha        
Pálava 5,45 ha        
Gewürztraminer 4,4 ha        
 
TOTAL AREA 20,7 ha